Tamworth, the home of country music in Australia will come alive for the annual Toyota Country Music Festival from 15 – 24 January 2016.
With over 700 performers and 2,800 shows taking place across 120 different venues, the largest country music festival in the southern hemisphere will feature performances from some of the biggest names in country music including Kasey Chambers, Shannon Noll and Brothers 3.
NSW Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events Stuart Ayres said: “The Tamworth Country Musical Festival is recognised world-wide and we look forward to welcoming the many performers and visitors to Tamworth this January for a spectacular event and a wonderful NSW country experience.”
Destination NSW CEO Sandra Chipchase said, “With a ten-day program of family street music, dedicated children's concerts, carnival rides and more, the Festival environment is perfect for the entire family.
“The festival is considered one of the top ten country music festivals in the world and offers a great experience for families to enjoy some of Australia's best musical talent and a taste of good old fashioned country life.”
Destination NSW suggests the following five reasons for families to visit Tamworth during the Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth:
- With trail maps available from the Tamworth Visitors Information Centre, take a trip through country music history. Our picks are the Australian Country Music Hall of Fame with 40 exhibits of memorabilia from country music greats, the Gallery of Stars Wax Museum and the perfect selfie stop in front of the Big Golden Guitar
- While visiting the region, you may want to take a peek into the world of sporting horses at Tamworth's Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre. The state of the arts events centre draws competitors and spectators from all around Australia where you can see some of the best sport horses and riders in the country
- If it's a native animal experience you're after, Tamworth's Marsupial Park offers an experience unlike any other in NSW. The park is run by volunteers and houses kangaroos, peacocks, cockatoos and emus. Children can get close to the animals and play in the newly established Adventure Playground
- If you're looking for an introduction to fishing with your children, why not try trout fishing at a specialist trout farm located within an hour of Tamworth's CBD. Arc-en-Ciel Trout Farm nestled in the hills of Hanging Rock near the historic gold mining village of Nundle is the perfect location for a day of fishing fun with the family
- For the adventurous, the Tamworth Mountain Bike Park offers a range of riding tracks for all levels of experience. If you're keen to stay outdoors but don't have a bike, Thorny's Putt Putt at the Longyard Golf Course features two 18 hole courses, including the 'Dragon' for beginners and the 'Devil' for those who like a challenge.
For more information on Tamworth during the festival, visit the Festival HQ pop up at 437 Peel Street for destination ideas, regional food and wine tastings and an artist's guitar feature wall.