School holidays are a fantastic way to spend quality time with the kids… but that 24-hour, seven-day-a-week, super-charged action can be tiring for parents, so we've put together our top twenty things to do in Queensland when you've grabbed the grandies for babysitting duties or when the kids head back to school.
- In an Australian-first, the folks at Stradbroke Island are offering a new Flash Camp pop-up hotel experience at the Adams Beach Camping Ground until the end of January. The site at Dunwich will be converted into a glamping-hotel complete with 5-metre flash tents and pop-up café.
- Take advantage of the off-peak cheaper flights and head up to Peppers Palm Cove Spa and Resort for a weekend away with your mates. Cocktails, tropical sunshine, The Great Barrier Reef at your doorstep and summer sport on the big screen telly is a sure fire way to recharge your parental batteries.
- If you needed an excuse to transport yourself to paradise, this is it. The Agnes Blues, Roots and Rock Festival delivers three days of some of the best music you'll hear this side of the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Grab some friends and hire a BBQ pontoon for an afternoon of fun on the Noosa River (O Boat Hire), Maroochy River (Swan Boat Hire) or along the Gold Coast waterways (Mirage Boat Hire).
- Paddle your way up the Brisbane River on a Saturday night and enjoy a well-earned feast of prawns and ice-cold drinks afterwards with Riverlife at the Kangaroo Point Cliffs in Brisbane.
- Surf through the Daintree Rainforest canopy on a giant flying fox thanks to Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours.
- Head to GOMA and catch the 8th Annual Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art - it's on until 10 April 2016.
- Treat yourself to some horse meditation therapy at Gwinganna Health Retreat in the Gold Coast Hinterland.
- Head over to Brisbane's Eat Street Markets and then catch a drive-in flick at their new Pop Up, Open Air cinema.
- Sneak in a horse ride on the Noosa North Shore (Equathon) followed by a lazy lunch on the beachfront.
- Unleash your inner artist and paint like the professionals over a wine or two at Brisbane's Cork & Chroma.
- Take a Jet Ski tour from Airlie Beach to the Whitsunday Islands with Whitsundays Jet Ski Adventures.
- Head to Cowboy Up Trail Riding at Emu Creek (near Toowoomba) and saddle yourself up for a relaxing trail ride.
- Bet on a cocky or two at the Story Bridge Hotel's infamous Australia Day Cockroach Races.
- Head to Enzo's On The Beach and hire a Stand-Up Paddle Board and head out into the calm waters in and around Hervey Bay.
- Take a pop-up cooking class at Bunnyconnellen Olive Grove and Vineyard, Crows Nest.
- Head out on an eco-adventure in the Gold Coast Hinterland that takes in the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk.
- Bite the snorkel mouthpiece and descend on a learn-to-dive trip anywhere in and along the Great Barrier Reef. If you're in Cairns, try Diving Cairns.
- Head to Fortitude Valley and get your gig on with a live gig at a venue like Black Bear Lodge.
- Get your James Bond on, head to Rent A Dream Car and hire yourself a sexy sport car for a cruise around the GC.
A romantic getaway: Enjoy great wine, good food and fabulous Southern Queensland Country hospitality.
Copyright: Bunnyconnellen Olive Grove and Vineyard